Thank you for taking the time to visit our web site. The Amtrak Police FOP Lodge #189 is comprised of current and retired Amtrak Police Officers, Supervisors, Detectives, and Special Agents.
The Fraternal Order of Police is the World's largest organization of sworn law enforcement officers with over 320,000 members. In New Jersey, the Fraternal Order of Police represents over 20,000 law enforcement officers. No one knows the difficulties and dangers that face law enforcement officers better than another officer and no one knows law enforcement better than the FOP.
The Amtrak Police Department is a national police force committed to protecting the passengers, employees, and patrons of Amtrak. We achieve this effort by working closely with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and other federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies across the country, and by collaborating with our counterparts across the globe; sharing best practices and other vital information.
The Amtrak Police Department continues to develop and implement behind-the-scenes and frontline security measures to ensure passenger rail safety and security. The Department has more than 500 sworn and civilian personnel at more than 30 locations to cover the 46 states in which Amtrak operates its national intercity passenger rail network.
F.O.P. Lodge 189 is a New Jersey Based Lodge through the NJ State Lodge. This Lodge was put in place so that we could hire the NJ Labor Council.
The Fraternal Order of Police, New Jersey Labor Council has been created by the New Jersey State Lodge, Fraternal Order of Police, to serve its law enforcement members as a labor organization under the New Jersey Public Employment Relations Act.
The F.O.P.- NJ Labor Council, Inc. is dedicated to improving the lives of law enforcement personnel through representation of its members in collective bargaining and other labor related matters. The organization, by its Code of Regulations:
- Promotes the formation of collective bargaining units for law enforcement personnel. Acts as collective bargaining agent for members and member units recognized by the New Jersey State Public Employment Relations Commission.
- Engages in collective bargaining, mediation, and arbitration for the purpose of improving wages, hours, and other working conditions.
- Advances the rights and promotes the interest of all law enforcement personnel.
- Unites, represents, defends and promotes the interest of all members in duty related matters where applicable.
- Works in a cooperative manner with other organizations interested in
promoting the efficiency, professionalism, and well being of law enforcement members.
The F.O.P. - N.J.L.C. exists to protect and serve those who protect and serve society. Our purpose is to proudly serve the law enforcement community as members of the Fraternal Order of Police, with a goal of becoming the premier law enforcement labor organization in New Jersey.
Streams Energy's Power Up Program-Lodge 189's Electric and Gas Partner